Other than widely known grains such as ragi, barley, wheat and rice, I would suggest mothers to incorporate Quinoa (also called Supergrain) in the diet of your baby as they have wide variety of nutritional benefits.
And, they are specially recommended by doctors for the kids who are allergic to wheat, rice or any such Gluten containing product.
Their can be many versions of Quinoa like Quinoa Upma, Quinoa Pulao etc. And all are beneficial for your tot.
Today , I am going to show you one more variant of Quinoa – Quinoa Kheer , which my daughter loves a lot. And in one go she finishes the full plate of this Quinoa Kheer.
So lets check out the benefits of Quinoa Kheer, when can you give it to your baby and its recipe.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD GIVE THIS Quinoa Kheer TO YOUR BABY
- High protein content
- Contains Fiber more than most of the available grains.
- Gluten free
- Easy to make
- Yummy to eat
- Sugar free
- Wholesome diet
WHEN CAN I START GIVING Quinoa Kheer TO MY BABY?
This Kheer can be given to your baby as soon as your baby starts having solids, which means you can give this kheer to 6 months old baby.
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Apple diced
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Wash the Quinoa well and drain the water in a strainer.
- Put the Quinoa in a pan along with water. Let the water boil and then cover the pan. Cook it on low flame for 15 minutes or till Quinoa completely absorbs the water.
- Transfer the Quinoa in a mixer or food processor, add in apple and half quantity of milk. Blend the mixture to get a smooth paste.
- Add ghee to a pan and transfer this paste to it. Add remaining milk to this paste. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame till you get a creamy paste.
- Transfer this to a bowl and your Quinoa Kheer is ready to be served.
- You can easily customize this recipe as per your baby's likes. You can replace the apple with bananas, dates powder or soaked kishmish and add in a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- To make this recipe more nutritious, add in one spoon of dry fruit powder to this porridge.
- For kids above one year of age, you can add jaggery to induce more sweeter taste to this kheer.