Come winters, and our markets are loaded with this yellow ball shaped vegetable named pumpkin (locally called petha here in North India). And I am sure every mother is well aware of the nutritional facts of the pumpkin.
And you would want to give this to your baby too.
Lets transform this vegetable into something which your baby would love eating.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD GIVE THIS PUMPKIN PUREE TO YOUR BABY
- Full of vitamin c + iron
- Easy to make
- Travel friendly
- Easily digested
- Excellent for eye health
WHEN CAN I START GIVING PUMPKIN PUREE TO MY BABY?
Pumpkin can be introduced as the first foods to baby. Therefore they can be offered as soon as the baby starts having solids i.e. 6 months.
- 1 Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Water
- Wash the pumpkin and cut it into small cubes.
- Put one cup of pumpkin cubes in pressure cooker and add 1/2 cup water to it.
- Pressure cook the pumpkin at medium flame for two whistles and let it cool.
- Put these boiled cubes in the mixer and puree them to a smooth texture.
- Pumpkin puree for your baby is ready.
Did you try this recipe? Do comment how it turned out for you and if your baby liked it or not.