Chia seeds ( also called sabja seeds, locally in India) are specially known to contain loads of nutrients with almost no calories. They are widely recommended these days by doctors owing to the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants they possess.
Now this chia oats smoothie is a lip smacking smoothie that is not only calcium loaded but is full of taste.
And I bet, once you give this to your kid, there’s no going back.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD GIVE THIS Chia Oats Smoothie TO YOUR BABY
- Lotsss and lotss of nutrients specially calcium
- Full of antioxidants.
- Good protein drink.
- Oats reduces the risk of childhood asthma.
WHEN CAN I START GIVING Chia Oats Smoothie TO MY BABY?
This smoothie can be given to a baby who is 8 months of age and above. Just remember to notice for any kind of allergy after introducing this smoothie to your baby.
And in case you do, contact your pediatrician immediately.
Chia Oats Smoothie
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mango diced
- Add water to Chia seeds and mix them. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes drain the water. Keep on stirring the seeds on strainer to remove the excess water from seeds.
- Take a pan and add half cup milk to it. Now add oats and cook them on medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes. Let them cool.
- In a blender, add these cooked oats, mangoes and half cup milk. Blend the mixture well to get a smooth puree.
- Transfer it to a glass and add 2 tbsp of soaked chia seeds to it.
- Chia Oats smoothie is ready to serve.
- For babies below 1 year old, use Breast milk/ Formula milk.
- Instead of mangoes, you can use any fruit of your own choice like bananas, apple etc